Hey there hot dawg! With the summer heat in full swing, we're all looking for creative ways to keep our furry friends cool and content. We've got a tail-waggingly awesome idea for you: homemade dog ice lollies. Not only are these frozen delights a refreshing treat, but they're also ridiculously easy to make AND gut-friendly. So, grab your pup, put on your chef's hat (or paw), and let's dive into the delightful world of doggy ice lollies!
Before we embark on this frosty adventure, let's assemble our paw-some ingredients. The best part? You probably have most of these items in your kitchen already! Here's what you'll need:
- 1 x your favourite Scrumbles Wet Food Recipe (SHOP HERE)
- 1 x Softies treat or a Nibbles treats (SHOP HERE)
- 1 x Gnashers Dental Bone
- 1 x paper cup or reuseable lolly mould
- 1 x spoon
- A Freezer
InstructionsNow that we have our ingredients ready, it's time to get mixin'! Remember, this is a fun, creative process, so feel free to experiment with different wet food or treats flavour combinations.
- Begin by placing one Softies or a Nibbles treat into the bottom of a paper cup
- Next, fill the cup with your pooch's favourite flavour of wet dog food. Why not try layering with different flavours for an extra special treat!
- Lastly, push the Gnasher a third of the way into the wet food, and place into the freezer.
- Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until solid.
Now comes the moment of truth! Once the lollies are fully frozen, it's time to unleash the excitement and see your pup's tail go into turbo mode.
- Remove the lollies from the molds by running warm water over the bottom for a few seconds. Gently wiggle them out, and voila! You have a doggy ice lolly.
Don't forget to enjoy these ice lollies in a safe and healthy way, you'll need to alter their main meal accordingly, and don't make them too big as pooch's can get brain freeze just like we do!